Drives diesel powered straight truck to transport and deliver household goods in loose or packaged form. Positions may support residential (household goods) or commercial divisions of the Company.
- Active Non-CDL License
- Prior moving & storage or furniture delivery experience a plus
- Experience as a crew leader or supervisor
- Must pass a DOT physical
- 1+ years of experience driving with a commercial license
- Capable of lifting 50+ lbs.
Duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for transport of household goods or commercial equipment and furniture from origin to destination.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- Responsible for maintaining clean, safe, operating condition of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Maintains driver log according to FMCSA regulations.
- Manages workers in loading and unloading goods, material, and equipment.
- Adheres to all safety, OSHA, and DOT regulations in accordance with the Company’s Safety Program and initiatives.
- Adherence to drug-free workplace initiatives.
- Manages on-site crews to ensure efficient and effective service and delivery to clients and homeowners.
- Actively participates in moving materials, equipment, furniture, household goods, and managing packing and crating of valuables and hard-to-move items.
- Maintains tool kit for the installation, assembly and breakdown of furniture, cubicles, or other items for transport.
- Acts as liaison with customer service reps, dispatch, and warehouse staff to meet Company’s obligations to the client.
- Responsible for accurate and complete transactions on all paperwork; securing signatures, collection of payment, and reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Submit paperwork to Dispatchers to validate crew man-hours and report any incidents.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.